||Professor Zigurds KRISHANS
Head of the Laboratory
of Power Systems Mathematical Modelling
Institute of Physical Energetics
Aizkraukles iela 21
Phones: +371 2558612; +371 7673127
Fax: +371 782 0339
Born: May 1, 1930, Riga, Latvia
- Electrical Networks, Power Stations and Systems
- Methods for Mathematical Modelling of Electrical Networks and Systems
- Methods for Development of Power Systems Planning
- Dynamic Optimisation Methods
- Decision Systems
Brief Description of Main Research:
- Dynamic Optimisation Method for Development Process of Complicated Systems Optimal
Initial States (OIS) Method
- LDM System Family (LDM - Latvian Dynamic Model) for investments efficiency
- LDM VZ - for medium and low voltage networks,
- LDM AV - for high and medium voltage networks,
- LDM ES - for power systems (power stations and transmission networks).
Languages: Latvian, Russian, German, English, French
- University of Latvia (Faculty of Mechanics) (Degree of
Civil Engineer, specialisation in Electric Power Stations, Networks and Power Systems),
cum laude, 1954
- Dr. sc.ing. (Candidate of Sciences in former USSR system, PhD in Western countries),
Kiev Polytechnical institute, Kiev, USSR, 1961
Thesis: Selection of the Voltage Level for Rural Power Networks with Low Density
- Dr.habil.sc. ing. (Doctor of Sciences in former USSR system), Moscow Power Engineering
Institute, Moscow, USSR, 1985
Thesis: Dynamic Models for Optimal Planning of Electric Power Systems
- Professor position at the Institute of Physical
Energetics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1994
- Latvian SSR State Prize in Sciences, 1965
- The Latvian Academy of Sciences Presidium Second Award, 1973
- The Latvian Academy of Sciences Presidium Second Award, 1975
- The Latvian Academy of Sciences Presidium First Award, 1980
- The Prize for excellent achievements in power systems of National Organization of Automatic Control of Latvia
- 1999th Year Prize of Latvian Academy of Sciences
and LATVENERGO for life contribution in energetic and
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- Vice-President of the Baltic Association of Electric Power System Researchers, 1992-
- Professor, Riga Technical University: speciality -
Power Systems Management, 1994 -
- Chairman, Board of Examiners, Faculty of Electrical and Power Engineering, Riga
Technical University, 1990
Machine Engineering and Energetics, 1994 -
- Member, Board of Latvian Electrical Power Society (LEB), 1996
- Member, Promotion Council of Riga Technical University, 1996 -
- Chairman, Inspection Committee of National
Organization of Automatic Control of Latvia (LANO), 1994 -
- Member, Electrical Engineering Terminology Board of Latvian Electrical Engineering
Committee, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1997 -
- Member, Editorial Board of "Latvian Journal of Physics and
Technical Sciences", 1970 -
- Member, Scientific Council of the Institute of
Physical Energetics, 1970 -
Riga Technical University:
- Power Utilities Management, 1996-
- Methods of Modelling and Optimisation for Power Utilities Management, 1997-
- Software Systems for Power Utilities Management, 1997-
- V.Dale, Z.Krishans, O.Paegle. Optimisation of Power Networks, under Consideration of
Loads Increasing. Riga, 1964, 363 pp. (in Russian)
- V.Dale, Z.Krishans, O.Paegle. Dynamic Programming in Calculation of Power Networks
Development. Riga, 1969, 190 pp. (in Russian)
- V.Dale, Z.Krishans, O.Paegle. Dynamic Methods for Analysis of Power System Networks
Development. Riga, 1979, 259 pp. (in Russian)
- V.Dale, Z.Krishans, O.Paegle. Dynamic Optimisation of Electric Power Networks. Riga,
1990, 248 pp. (in Russian)
- Z.Krishans. Power Utilities Management. Riga, 1997, 122 pp. (in Latvian)
- Z.Krishans, V.Skujina, I.Staltmanis, K.Timmermanis. General Vocabulary, Part I:
Generation, Transmission and Distribution of Electricity. Riga: Jumava, 1997, pp. 344. (in
Latvian, English, German and Russian)
- A.Vanags, Z.Krishans. Electrical Networks and Systems, Part II (textbook). Riga:
Petergailis, 1998, pp. 310. (in Latvian)
- Z.Krishans. Modelling and Optimisation Methods for Management of Electric Power
Utilities. Riga, 1998, 128 pp. (in Latvian)
More than 140 publications, the last ones:
- Z.Krishans, H.Abramova, I.Greivule. Power System Development Optimisation by
taking into account Electricity Conservation. - IAEE Eastern European Conference
Improved Energy Efficiency in Former Centrally Planned Economics, Kaunas,
Lithuania, October 19-21,1992, Conference Proceedings, pp. 245-249.
- Z.Krishans, V.Dale, H.Abramova, I.Greivule. Program System for Dynamic
Optimisation of Electricity Source Development. - Latvian Journal of Physics and
Technical Sciences, 1992, No 6, pp. 81-89.
- Z.Krishans, H.Abramova, L.Oleinikova, A.Kalpina. The Law-Governed Nature of
Energy Supply Systems Optimal Development and the Software for its Investigation. - Latvian
Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 1993, No 2, pp. 31-42.
- Z.Krishans, L.Oleinikova, V.Dale. Computer Program System LDM PS for Power
System Economic Design. - Qualitative Use of Energy Resources and Energy Information
Processing, Riga, 1993, pp. 46-49.
- Z.Krishans, L.Oleinikova, V.Dale. A Dynamic Model for Power System (Energy
Sources-Transmission Networks) Development Optimisation under Uncertainty and
Environmental Constraints. - Latvian Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences,
1993, No 5, pp. 10-26.
- Z.Krishans, V.Dale, V.Bochkarjova. Power System Mathematical Modelling. - Latvian
Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 1996, No 1, pp. 22-27.
- Z.Krishans, H.Abramova, I.Greivule. Das lettische dynamische Modell LDM VS 95.
- Baltic Electrical Engineering Review, 1996, No 1, pp. 2-5. (in German)
- V.Neimane, Z.Krishans. Multi-Criteria Analysis in Electric Power Network
Planning. - Latvian Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 1997, No 4, pp.
- Z.Krishans, V.Bochkareva, G.Andersson. Dynamic Model for Reinforcement Planning
of Distribution System under Uncertainty. - Universities Power Engineering Conference
UPEC97, Manchester, UK, September 1997, Conference Proceedings, pp. 1089-1092.
- V.Neimane, G.Anderson, Z.Krishans. Multi-Criteria Analysis Application in
Distribution Network Planning. - 33rd Universities Power Engineering
Conference UPEC98, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK, September 8-10, 1998,
Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 791-794.
- Z.Krishans, V.Neimane, G.Andersson. Dynamic Model for Planning of Reinforcement
Investments in Distribution Networks. - 13th Power Systems Computation
Conference, Trondheim, Norway, June 28 - July 2nd, 1999, Conference
Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 863-869.
- L.Krumm, Ü.Kurrel, A.Tauts, O.Terno, I.Zeidmanis, Z.Krishans, V.Dale, V.Putnins,
I.Oleinikova. Theory and Methods of Complex Optimisation of the Interconnected Power
System. - World Energy Council Central and East European Energy Policies, markets
and Technologies for the 21st Century, Vilnius, Lithuania, September
16-18, 1999, Proceedings, pp. 198-210.
- L.Krumm, Z.Krishans, A.Dragunevicius. Scientific and Technical Cooperation of the
Baltic Countries: Performance and Development of the Interconnected Power System. - Proceedings
of World Energy Council Central and East European Energy Policies, markets
and Technologies for the 21st Century, Lithuania, 1999, pp.211
- Z.Krishans, I.Oleinikova, A.Mutule. A mathematical
model for analysing the influence of independed (privately owned) electrical power plants
on the structure of distribution electrical power networks. - Latvian Journal of
Physics and Technical Science, 2002, Nr. 3, pp. 13 20 (in Latvian).
- Z.Krishans, I.Oleinikova, A.Kalpina, A.Mutule.
Formation principles of the friendly to users systems of analysis and optimisation of
investment efficiency. - Latvian Journal of Physics and Technical Science,
2002, Nr. 1, pp. 26 37 (in Latvian).
- Krishans Z., Oleinikova I., Mutule A., Runcs J., Kalpina A.
Simulation software for technically- economic analysis of power supply reliability for
distributed medium voltage networks. Latvian
Journal of Physics and Technical Sciences, 2006, 6, pp.35-47
- Z.Krishans (Head of Project). Dynamic Method and its Application Technology for
Electricity Supply Systems (Fuel-Power Plants-Networks-Consumers) Developments
Optimisation, taking into account Engineering, Economical and Environmental
Considerations. Latvian Council of Science
- Z.Krishans (Head of Project). Scientific Foundation for Power System Efficiency Dynamic
Analysis. Latvian Council of Science, (1997-2000).
- Z.Krishans (Head of Project). Scientific Basis for Efficiency Analysis of Investments in
Electrical Networks . Latvian Council of Science,(2001-).
- Z.Krishans (Head of Project). The Approach to Electrical Network Optimization under
Liberalized Electricity Market . Latvian Council of Science,(2005-).
Last update 27.10.2007