||Professor Dr.habil.oec. Remigijs POCS
Dean of the Faculty of Engineering Economics;
Director of International Business and Customs Institute;
Head of Division of Foreign Economic Relations,
Transport Economics and Logistics at
Riga Technical University
8a Indrika Street, 418
Phone: (371) 67089655
Fax: (371) 67089366
Born: September 8, 1947, Latvia
- Macroeconomic Modelling and Forecasting
- Quantitative Methods for Economy and Decision-Making
Languages: Latvian, Russian, English, German
- Latvian State University (Faculty of Economics), Qualification: Economist-mathematician,
- Latvian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Economics), Postgraduate Student, 1972
- Dr. oec. (Candidate of Economic Sciences in the former USSR, Ph.D. in Western
countries), Latvian State University, Riga, 1976
Thesis: Questions of Choice and Estimation of Productivity
Forecasting Methods and Models (for Latvian Industry)
- Dr. habil. oec. (Doctor of Economic Sciences in the former USSR), Institute of
Economics, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, Vilnius, 1991
Thesis: Creation and Application of Applied Economic and
Mathematical Models of Development of National Economy (for the Republic of Latvia)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Expert of the Latvian Council of Science
- Head of Promotion Council (Economics), Riga Technical
- Member of the Council of Professors of RTU Faculty of Engineering Economics, LU Faculty
of Economics and Management
- Scientific Editor -in-Chief , Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University Economics
Institute of Economics, Latvian Academy of Sciences:
- Engineer mathematician-programmer, 1970-72
- Junior research associate, 1975-76
- Senior research associate, 1976-78
- Head of Computer Laboratory, 1978-82
- Head of Sector of Modelling of National Economy, 1982-91
Ministry of Economy, Republic of Latvia:
- Head of Macroeconomic Analysis and Forecasting Department, 1993-94
Other Professional Background:
- Visiting Researcher, Aarhus University (Denmark), 1993-94, 1997 (5 months)
In 1972 2008 more than 70 scientific publications, including 2 individual and 4
Recent Publications, 2000 2008:
- V. Skribans, R. Pocs. Model for Forecasting the Development
of Latvian Construction Industry. RTU Izdevnieciba, Riga, 2008. 110 lpp. (in Latvian)
- R. Zile, I. teinbuka, R. Pocs, J. Krumin, H. Ancans, U. Cerps. Latvia
Entering the XXIst Century. Economics. Integration. Finance. Riga, Published by
Nacionalais Medicinas Apgads, 2000. Chapter I: Economic Development
(1992-1999), p.19-43 (co-authors H.Ancans, I.teinbuka), Chapter II: Economic
Strategy, p.43-49, Chapter IX: Scenario of Latvia's Economic Development, p.159-175
(co-author I. ?teinbuka).
- Ozolina V., Pocs R. Short- and Long-term Forecasting of Population in Latvian Macro- and
Multisectoral Models. Recent Developments in INFORUM-type Modelling. Lodz University
Press. Lodz, 2007. pp. 129.-140.
- Ozolina V., Pocs R. Forecasting of Electricity Consumption in Latvia (Using Econometric
Models). (in Latvian) Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University. Series 3.
Volume 14. Economics and Business. Economy: Theory and Practice, Riga, RTU,
2007. pp. 94-107.
- Komkova J., Pocs R. The Problems of Building up Enterprise Risk Management Models,
Advantages and Disadvantages of their Use. (in Latvian) Scientific Proceedings of
Riga Technical University. Series 3. Volume 14. Economics and Business.
Economy: Theory and Practice, Riga, RTU, 2007. pp. 63-69.
- Pocs R., Carkovs J., Buikis M., Ajevskis V. Elaboration of Latvian macroeconometric
continuous time model. The Main Directions of Research in Economics and Law Sciences in
2006 by the Latvian Council of Science. Nr.12, Riga, 2007. pp. 155-156 (in
- Grassini M., Pocs R., Pinke G., Neiders L. Overview of the Latvian Economy in the
Context of the Development of the Multisectoral Macroeconomic Model of Latvia. Acta
Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia 198. Inforum Models for the New EU Members.
Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Lodzkiego. Lodz, 2006. pp.87.-109.
- Ozolina V., Pocs R. Forecasting of Latvian Population And Employment (Using Econometric
Models). (in Latvian) Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University. Series
3. Volume 13. Economics and Business. Economy: Theory and Practice, Riga, RTU,
2006. pp. 87-97.
- Pocs R., Buikis M., Ajevskis V. The Conjuncture Type Model of Latvian Economy (practical
realisation). International conference Research in Statistics - Basis of
Social Sciences and Education. (Riga, October 2-4, 2003), Riga: University of
Latvia, 2004, pp.139-143.
- Carkovs J., Leidmans M., Pocs R. Stochastic Analysis of Price Equilibrium Stability for
Marshall-Samuelson Adaptive Market. 1st International Conference
APLIMAT, February 7.-8. 2002, Department of Mathematics Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Slovak University of Technology. Bratislava, Slovak Republic. pp.103-108.
- Carkovs J., Pocs R. Price Equilibrium Volatility Reserve for Stability for Marshall-Samuelson
Adaptive Market. Proceedings of 17th International Workshop on Statistical
Modelling. 8-12 July, 2002. Chania, Greece. pp.153-156.
- Ajevskis V., Gutmanis N., Liepa E., Pocs R. On Latvian Economic Indicators. The 6th
World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics. 14-18 July, 2002.
Orlando, Florida, USA. pp. 462-463.
- Leidman M., Carkovs J., Pocs R. Price Equilibrium
Stochastic Analysis. The 6th World Multiconference on Systemics,
Cybernetics and Informatics. 14-18 July, 2002. Orlando, Florida, USA. pp. 472-473.
- Pocs R., Buikis M., Ajevskis V. Conjuncture Type Model of the
Latvian Economy. (in Latvian) Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University. Series
3. Volume 4. Economics and Business. Economy: Theory and Practice, Riga, RTU,
2001. pp. 106-111.
- Pocs R. The Aims of Long-term Economic Strategy of Latvia.
(in Latvian) Scientific Proceedings of Riga Technical University. Series 3. Volume
1. Economics and Business. Economy: Theory and Practice, Riga, RTU, 2000. pp.
Membership in International Projects:
- Assessment of the Size and Composition of the Hidden Economy in Latvia. Eurostat,
No. 105-E15P4FA1C, 1995
- Medium Term Economic Strategy in the Context of Pre-Accession to the EU. Phare,
No. 96/1136-03, 1997
- R.Pocs (Head of Project). Elaboration of the Continuous Time Macroeconometric Model of
Latvia . Latvian Council of Science, 2004 - 2007.
- R.Pocs (Head of Project). Development of Computable General Equilibrium Model and
Forecasts of Energy Sector in Latvia. Project of VAS Latvenergo, the
Ministry of Economics of Republic of Latvia and Public Utilities Commission,
- R.Pocs (Head of Project). Elaboration of the Latvian Construction Branch and Real Estate
Market Development Forecasting Model. Project of Ministry of Education and Science of
Republic of Latvia and Riga Technical University. 2007.
- R.Pocs (Head of Project). Ensuring of the Elaboration of Input - Output Tables in
Latvia. Latvian Council of Science, 2008.
Last update 20.05.2008