Born: August 1, 1938, Moscow, Russia
- Computers & Network Performance Evaluation
- Fault-Tolerant Computer Structures
- Information Technology in Aviation
Lately has become interested in application of Catastrophe Theory for understanding
complex computer systems unstability. (See: Multi-user computer systems unstability
analysis by Catastrophe Theory approach. Automatics and Computing Technique, 1996,
Languages: Latvian, English, Russian.
- Moscow Electrical Institute of Communication (Faculty of Radiocommunications), 1960
- Dr. sc. ing. (Candidate of Science in former USSR, Ph. D. in Western countries), Riga
Aviation Eng. Institute, 1967
- Dr.habil.sc.ing. (Doctor of Science in former USSR), Institute of Electronics and
Computer Science, Latvian Academy of Sciences, 1987
- Engineer, Radio Centre in Latvia, 1960 - 1962
- Postgraduate, Riga Aviation Eng. Institute, 1962 - 1965
- Head of Laboratory, Electronic Air Passenger Reservation System, Aviation Computer
Centre, 1965 - 1970
- Professor, Faculty of Automatic and Computer Systems, Riga Aviation Eng. Institute, 1970
- Head of Computer Systems & Networks Department, Riga Aviation University, 1987
- Computer Systems Theory
- Computer Networks Designing
- E Petersons (with Nicolsky & Sidorov). Arrival rates step-by-step control in queuing
systems with variable load. - Informatic, Vilnus, Lithuanian Academy of Sciences,
- E. Peterson. Multi-user Computer systems unstability analysis by Catastrophe Theory
approaches. - Automatics and Computing Technique, 1996, N 4.
- A.Gobzemis, V.Nikolsky, E.Peterson. The method of stepwise control of the request
waiting time in computer systems with queues. - Proceedings of Intern. Conf.
"Queues: Flows, Systems, Networks", Minsk, Byelorussia, 1999, pp.120-121.
- E.Peterson. Error estimation of computer system modelling. - Proc. 2nd Int. Conf.
'Simulation, Gaming,Training and Business Process Reengineering in Operations Proceeding',
Riga, 2000, pp. 200-222.
- S. Ilnickis, E.Petersons. Nonstacionary behavior research of Terminal-Server System with
self-similar approximated input flow. Automatic Control And Computer Science, 2005,
vol.39, 4, pp.48-59.
- E. Petersons (Head of Project). Distributed Data Processing Systems with Variable Load
Stability Analysis. Latvian Council of Science, 1994 - 1996.
- E. Petersons (Head of Project). Computer System and Networks with Faults and Variable
load Reconfiguration Approaches Analysis. Latvian Council of Science, 1997 - 2000
- E. Petersons (Head of Project). Models and Methods for Analysis And
Design of the Computer Networks in Self-Similar Workload Environment. Latvian
Council of Science, 2001 - 2003.
- E. Petersons (Head of Project). Network Resource Allocation for Providing
Quality of Service in Self-similar Workload Environment. Latvian Council
of Science, 2004 - .
Last update 09.09.2005