||Professor Dr.paed. Zaneta OZOLINA
Head of Department of Political Science,
Director of Advanced Institute of Social and Political Research
University of Latvia
Lomonosova str. 1,
LV - 1050, Riga,
Phone: +371 7089859
Fax: +371 7089852
Born: March 2, 1957, Riga, Latvia
- Theory of International Relations
- Cooperative Security
- EU Integration
- Transatlantic Relations
- Baltic Security
- Latvian Foreign and Security Policy
Languages: Latvian, Russian, English
University of Latvia (Faculty of History and Philosophy), 1980
Candidate of Sciences (PhD in Western countries), University of Kiev, Faculty of
Dr. paed., University of Latvia, 1993.
- Lecturer, University of Latvia, 1980 1987
- Senior Lecturer, University of Latvia, 1987 1989
- Research Fellow, Latvian Institute of International Relations, 1992 1998
- Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Latvia, 1989 -2002
- Research Fellow, Copenhagen Peace Research Institute, 1998 March -1998 September
- Visiting Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Turku, 1998
- Press and information officer, European Commission Delegation in Latvia, 1999-2002
- Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Latvia, 2002 -
- Head of the Department of Political Science, University of Latvia, 2004 -
- Director, Advanced Institute of Social and Political Research, University of Latvia,
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Strategic Analysis Commission under the Auspieces of the President of Latvia, Chair,
- European Movement in Latvia, Founder and member, 1997
- Latvian Political Science Association, Founder and President, 2003
- Latvian Center for Human Rights and Ethnic Studies, Founder and Board member, 1994 -
- International Studies Association, member, 1999 -
- Northern Research Forum, Steering Committee member, 2000
- Council of Promotion and Nostrification in Social Sciences, member, 2001
- Council of Professors in Demography, Communication, Sociology and Political Science,
- Center for European and Transition Studies, University of Latvia, Board memeber, 2001-
- Latvian Association of the European Studies, Founder and Board memeber, 2000 -
- Latvian Institute of International Affairs, Board memeber, 1999 -
- Public Consultative Council for EU referendum preparations, co-chair, 2003.
- The Baltic States after Enlargements, Hannover University, June 2004
- Future of Transatlantic Relations, BALTDEFCOL, Tallinn, January 2004
- Lectures at Kazahstan and Uzbeksitan Universities. October 2003
- Lectures at Humboldt University, Baltic Sea College, May 2003
- Lectures at Kazahstan and Uzbeksitan Universities, November 2002
- Northern Europe - Foreign and Security Policies, Valmiera Summer School, July 2002
- Latvian Security Policy, for the senior officers, Royal Danish Defence College, April
- Latvian Security Policy, for the senior officers, Royal Danish Defence College, March
- The Baltic States' Security in the New Millenium, Masters in International Politics,
University Libre de Bruxelles, January 2000
- Regions of Geostrategic Importance to NATO - The Baltic States, NATO Defence College in
Rome, April 1998
- Introduction to International Politics
- Theory of IR
- Regional Security Studies
- Latvia in International System
- Common Foreign and Security Policy of the EU
- EU Integartion : Institutions, Legislation, Policies
- Z. Ozolina.Arejo un iekejo draudu attiecibu izmainu ietekme uz individa
droibu musdienu pasaule. (The impact of internal and external threats on human
security). In LU Raksti Politika un Sociologija. Nr 663. Riga: Zinatne, 2004, pp.
90 104. (on Latvian)
- Z. Ozolina, V.Kalnins and U.Sics. The State and Human Security. Human
Development Report. Riga: UNDP, 2003/2004, pp. 97 116.
- Z. Ozolina. Latvia and the Baltic States. In NATO and EU Enlargement (eds.
A. Lieven, D. Trenin). Washington: Carnegie Centre, 2003, pp. 205 230.
- Z. Ozolina. La politique de securite de la Lettonie avant le sommet de Prague. Transitions&Societes,
No.2, juin, 2002. (In French), pp. 132 145.
- Z. Ozolina. The Northern Dimension - New Opportunities for the Baltic States, in North
Meets North. Proceedings of the First Northern Research Forum. Akureyri: Stefanson
Arctic Institute&University of Akureyri, 2001. pp. 122 125.
- Z. Ozolina. On the Road to Independence. In Ten Years After the Baltic
Republics Re-entered the International Stage.(ed A. Klocker). Bonn: ZEI, 2001, pp. 19
- Z. Ozolina. Crisis Prevention or Crisis Invention - Latvia's Response to Proposed
Russia's Security Guarantees. In Crisis Management in the Baltic Sea Region.
Latvia. (eds. E. Stern, B. Sundelius). Stockholm: Swedish Institute of International
Affairs, 2001, pp.188 215.
- Z. Ozolina.Lavijas droibas politikas regionalie aspekti. Riga: Izglitiba,
2000. (Regional Aspects of Latvian Security Policy). (In Latvian). 254.
- Z. Ozolina. The Regional Dimension in Latvian Security Policy. Groningen :
Centre for European Security Studies, 1999, pp. 73.
- Z. Ozolina. The Impact of the EU Enlargement on Baltic Cooperation. In The
Baltic states in an Enlarging European Union : Towards a Partnership between Small
Statesa ? (eds. K. Malfliet, W. Keygnaert) Leuven: Leuven University Press, 1999,
pp. 113 130.
- Z. Ozolina. The Impact of EU and NATO Enlargements on Baltic-Nordic Cooperation, Humanities
and Social Sciences in Latvia,vol. 2/3, no. 19/20, 1998, pp. 41 101.
- Z. Ozolina. Latvia and the European Union: Before and After Amsterdam. In The
European Union and the Baltic States. Visions, Interests and Strategies for the Baltic Sea
Region. (eds. M. Jopp, B.Lippert ) Bonn: Institut fur Europaische Politik and Finnish
Institute of International Relations, 1998, pp. 113 144.
- Z. Ozolina. Latvia. In Bordering Russia: Theory and Prospects for Europe's
Baltic Rim. (ed.H. Mouritzen) London: Ashgate, 1998, pp.131 164.
- Z. Ozolina.Baltic-Nordic Interaction, Cooperation and Integration. In: Small
States in a Turbulent Environment: The Baltic Perspective. (eds. A.Lejins, Z. Ozolina), Riga: Latvian Institute of
International Affairs, 1997. pp. 113 146.
- Z. Ozolina. (Head and member). Defining National Interests.
Strategic Analysis Committee, 2004.
- Z. Ozolina. (Head and member). Assesement of International
Environment. A view from Latvia, 2004.
- Z. Ozolina. (Member). International research project
- Lespace politiques dans lhistoire de lintégration européenne.
Les élargissement de la CEE/UE (1961-2000), 2003.
- Z. Ozolina. (Member). International research project - The
Post-Prague progress on NATO Candidates, 2003.
- Z. Ozolina. (Member of Steering Committee). International research
project - Northern Research Forum, 2000 - .
- Z. Ozolina. (Member). Social development and social security.
External and internal security aspects in Latvia in the turn of centuries. Latvian Council
of Science, 2001.
- Z. Ozolina. (Member). Wolksvagen Foundation financed project
Regionalism in Latvian security policy, 1999.
- Z. Ozolina. (Head and member). The role of regional cooperation in
Latvias accession to the EU. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 1999.
- Z. Ozolina (Head and memeber). NATO
Institutional grant Impact of EU and NATO enlargement on the Baltic Security,
- Z. Ozolina (Head and memeber). Phare project
Parliament Practic, 1998.
- Z. Ozolina (Head and memeber). International
research projectSmall States in a Turbulent Environment, 1997.
- Z. Ozolina (Memeber). NATO Fellowship grant
Regional options of Latvian security policy, 1995 - 1997.
Last update 06.10.2004